Saturday, February 14, 2009

Blog Block

It's been over a month since my last post. Wow time flies when you're busy. At first I really didn't have anything to blog about. Then I did but didn't have any time to sit and blog. Then I just kind of blew it off and the topic, which was relevant to the time period, became irrelevant. I had to ask myself if blogging was something I really should be doing. I feel that if I'm going to be writing something, that is out there for God only knows who to read, it better be, at the very least, worth reading. I came to the conclusion this morning that I was taking "blogging" way to seriously.

I originally started blogging last fall during my "Truth Project" class and used it as a tool to aid in facilitating the class. I set the blog up as private, open only to class participants. The problem was that only a couple of the participants were able to use it. After about three posts, with no one following, I just gave up on it. When my father died in December I was truly inspired to write about some things that had been on my mind. Did I mention that my spiritual gift is teaching? I began to teach…I mean blog. That is exactly what caused my "BLOG BLOCK"!

Don't get me wrong, I do think that I still need to be informative and interesting but let's face it; blogging is just saying what's on your mind. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it's just ok. Hopefully it is never terrible. The point is that you just do it and over time your point of view is established and hopefully your followers keep coming back to see what's on your mind. So from here on out, it's just whatever comes up!

5 comments:

  1. let God be your writer and use you.........He is amazing .....and so are you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back....blog buddy. That's all we really want to know anyway. What is on your heart, it helps us get to know you. Missed you. You both are such a blessing to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark, I checked your blog every day, waiting for your next post. And was always disappointed when there was nothing there. You are able to communicate what's on your mind very simply and profoundly. It is very important for us that do not have the talent to write, to be able to follow all the CS bloggers and be able to nod our heads in agreement, wipe away our tears, or simply stop and think about what is being said!
    You are loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that you finally found a moment for yourself to get this new blog out. From the very beginning I was afraid I wouldn't have enough to say. Now I just blog whenever I feel God prompting me and don't worry how often. Quality not quantity! Same for you - your blog may not have the quantity that even you want sometimes, but it definitely has the quality!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you honey!! The picture is PERFECT!! I have seen you like that, I've been like that......just easier seeing it ON the computer.......makes me laugh/instead of being frustrated!!

    God talks to you ALL the time.....just let it go.........we're ready to receive!!

    I love you always!!

    ReplyDelete